It is quite a long time since I wrote an article on films. In recent times, I wanted to write about 2 films – one was about UTTAMA VILLAIN, the film’s nuances and the underappreciated values of the film (which I was not able to write due to tight schedules) and the second is BAAHUBALI. Here you go.
The below article speaks on 8 points that makes the film BAAHUBALI so special and important in Indian Cinema! I would recommend you to watch the below Teaser and the making videos of BAAHUBALI, which will make you understand what this article is about.
BAAHUBALI – The Beginning 20 seconds teaser —> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL6SxTidpsU
Baahubali Making – Visualising the world of Baahubali —>
Making of BAAHUBALI – First 12 months —>
Making of Baahubali – Happy Birthday Prabhas —>
Having watched the above videos, you would have got some idea on how much of efforts have been put by hundreds of technicians and labors to create HISTORY on screen. You need to know some more about the man behind all this magic – Mr.S.S.Rajamouli, who is most popular for making miracles on screen!
Initially, S.S.Rajamouli was known for making out and out masala films which did not fail to become blockbusters. Most of his films have been remade in more than 2 languages. His films used to have heavy inspirations. For example, his second film SIMHADRI was almost an un-credited remake of Super Star’s blockbuster movie BAASHA and his film YAMADONGA had a story inspired from YAMUDIKI MOGUDU (ATHISAYA PIRAVI in Tamil). However, his films guaranteed definite entertainment for audience and ‘Paisaa vasool’ profits to the investors. It was actually from MAGHADEERA in 2010, Rajamouli started doing experimental projects and it was then he became widely popular all over the nation. His directorial EEGHA / NAAN E in 2012 was a blockbuster too and was much appreciated for its unique content.
Now, read the below points which list the reasons why his next film BAAHUBALI is one of the most expected films in Indian cinema. You might be in awe of the team, after reading few points.
* The whole team (casting and technicians) of BAAHUBALI was into 1.2 years of Pre-Production making all the needed detailing for the making. The lead actors did several rehearsals and the Art direction team lead by Sabu Cyril started everything from scratch since it is a periodical film. The team did not want to give any room for mistakes.
* The shoot started in July 2013 and ended in April 2015; the CG works were started in parallel in 2013 itself.
* BAAHUBALI features an ensemble cast of Prabhas Varma, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty and Tamannaah in the lead roles, and Ramya Krishnan, Sathyaraj, Nassar, Adivi Sesh, Tanikella Bharani and Sudeep in crucial roles.
* There has been no clue on the film’s story. Rana revealed in an interview that the film is about a war between two brothers – Baahubali played by Prabhas and Bhallala Deva (played by him) for a kingdom.
* Being impressed by the interesting projects of Rajamouli, Ace director Karan Johar has joined hands with him to distribute the film in Hindi. He has acquired the distribution rights for North India.
* Am not sure how many of you knew this… BAAHUBALI is a film made in a highest budget in Indian cinema. The film was started with a budget of 100 crores and was expected to be completed at 150 crores. However, to be more perfect on CG part, the total budget was increased as 200 crores.
* The running time of BAAHUBALI’s Final cut is 5 hours. Due to excessive length, the team has planned to release the film as 2 parts. This idea had a great response from the investors, since they can enjoy double collections. However, there might be a threat for the opening for Part-2, if Part-1 is not received well by the audience.
* The film was planned for a release on 15th May initially. But, since the CG works were not completed with perfection, Rajamouli postponed the film’s release to the month of July. BAAHUBALI’s satellite rights were bagged by MAA TV who put up the highest bid of 25 crores for both parts (This is for Telugu version alone)! The film’s theatrical rights are also being sold for record prices, rumored to be the highest for any South Indian movie.
With so much of expectations for the film, #BAAHUBALI is definitely a great attempt in Indian cinema. This film will impact much on increasing the visibility of our films and the market for South Indian films worldwide.
For people who cannot wait for another 40 days to witness Rajamouli’s magic on screen, the film’s trailer is releasing today (1st June) at 5PM in YouTube.
‘FOLLOW’ us at https://boxofficebossblog.wordpress.com to read more movie updates, reviews & interesting cinema articles… Movie buffs, do subscribe..!!